Saturday, April 30, 2011

IJBH: 4.30.11

Just being honest...

....If you missed the Simultaneous Revival this week, you missed a real treat! In the weeks and months leading up to the revival, I prayed that God would send a Word for the current stage in my life. Hallelujah, He answered my prayers in an overwhelming way!

I took away a lot of pearls of wisdom, but the overall theme is this: it is time for me to woman up. Lately, I have fallen back into this pattern of being Superwoman--saying yes to everything and everyone; letting people walk all over me and internalizing every blow/attack to my person. The storms have been festering within me, affecting me physically, emotionally and even spiritually.

Today, I say no more.

I'm not an arrogant person at all--I just know who I am. I am Kayla Marie Woodberry, daughter of Mike and Regenia and child of the MOST HIGH God. It's time for me to act like it.

I can show you better than I can tell you.


.....So, one of my lifelong dreams came to an end this week. And I'm okay.

In life, sometimes we give our minds too much credit. I know that sounds weird, so let me see if I can explain. We think we know what we do in any given situation. How many times have you been conversing with someone about a bad relationship or a loss and they tell you: "Honey, if that had been me....."

Don't be too hard on 'em. We do it to ourselves too.

I thought I knew how this situation was going to play itself out. I thought there were only two possible scenarios, one good and one bad. Yet, the Lord unfolded before me a third option, which was really the best outcome.

May I be really real today?

Ladies (and gentlemen, if any are reading this blog), we cannot play games with God when it comes to relationships. If you haven't figured it out by now, God is not a genie and He doesn't grant wishes....he lavishes blessings upon us.

I set my sights on this person I truly believed was "The One." I had all but picked out appliances for our home....

*ahem* A four bedroom/three bathroom Colonial with a wraparound porch and in-ground swimming pool...

But I digress.

I only saw what I wanted to see. I didn't take into account that above all else, we are friends. He's like my brother and I'm like his sister. And technically, a relationship would be pretty gross.

I always believed that if my advances were spurned, I'd be crushed. Funny thing about that--I'm not. In fact, I'm almost giddy; excited and energized by the possibilities of life and love.

I may have lost a dream, but I gained perspective and cemented a friendship.

I wish y'all could see my face right now--I am straight cheesing. Ain't that just like God?

Dear hearts, I am at a place in my life where I am learning to take the limits off. If I am to fully submit to His will, there can be no conditions, asterisks, notes or fine print. I have to trust that God is so vast--so infinite and immutable--He can add a paragraph to a book that's already been sent off to print.

God is my editor...I am relinquishing my red pen to Him. I pray you'll do the same.


Be Encouraged,

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment