Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 13: A Deceased Person You Wish You Could Talk To

Aunt Cat,

I miss our e-mail conversations. Even your text had that original Altheda flair.

In the days, weeks, months and years since you have been gone, I figured out a thing or two. You were right. About everything. You saved my life.

I want you to know I was so angry with God for about six months after you passed. In my eyes, He took away the closest person I had had to a mother for twelve years.

Even amidst this confession, I can see you rolling your eyes and saying: "Oh honestly, Kayla--you are so dramatic!" At least that much hasn't changed.

After a whole lot of prayer and a really great sermon from our evangelist ("Too Bitter To Be Blessed"), I knew I had to let go of that anger. God just did what He was supposed to do, as painful as it was to all of us who are still here. It was just time for you to go home.

Thank you for opening your heart to me. If I am just half the woman you were, I'll be great.

Your Niece,
Kayla Marie

P.S. You know I'll be expecting that strawberry-banana cake when I get there. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment