Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sentenced to Freedom

(For ECH & BY)


You said

I love you

Trust me

My lover

My friend

Mine for eternity


I said

No walls

No locks

My heart is yours

Protector

Provider

In you

I have found

my happily ever after


And life happened.

I said

Talk to me

Where are you

I miss you

Baby

Please

What happened

to the man

I met

in spring?


You said

Nothing.


Tears

Depression

Emotions so jagged

my heart

was torn

Used

for your pleasure

Tossed aside

at your discretion

I blame myself too.

Days....

Weeks....

Months....

A new season

Healing

Acceptance

Peace.

I said

Take the bandage

off my heart

I am healed

Smile

reaches my eyes

Confidence

sways my hips

Shoulders back

Breasts forward

I see you looking.

I feel

sexy

inspired

ready

to try

again

I will.

I WILL.


--K.

No comments:

Post a Comment