Wednesday, March 2, 2011

IJBH: 3/2/11

Just being honest.....

....I was thinking about something I used to do, but haven't done in a long time: praying for my husband. Not in the "Oh, LAWD, I'm going to hold my breath and turn blue in the face until you give him to me" way--more like: "Lord, whatever he's going through right now, good or bad, take care of him. Let Your will be done in his life and the lives of those surrounding him."

I need to get back to that. And wherever he is, I hope he's praying for me.


....Raise your hand if you're excited about the month of March! Aside from March Madness (rock chalk, Jayhawks), there is just something exciting about this month. It is a time of renewal for the earth and for me as well. I am leaving behind the cold, bitter months and awaiting a season of hope, encouragement and love.


Yeah, that sounded pretty flowery.

....Why am I just now figuring out how to really use the Crackberry....and I've had this phone since July? It's like I've been living on the first floor and it just dawned on me that I've never been upstairs. When it comes to technology, I promise I'm slow.

....So, at Bible Study tonight (wonderful lesson, BTW), we talked about showing love in our communication. I realized that sometimes, I am not "speaking the truth in love," especially at work. If I am having a bad day, there is no need for me to take it out on the people around me. First off, they didn't do it. Second, they probably don't even realize I've been having a rough day. So, I'm going to work on it.

But for the love of God, PLEASE don't talk to me before I have my first cup of coffee.

.....I really need to go on a grammar fast and let go of my addiction to the exclamation mark. Judging from the !!!!! at the end of every sentence, some folks probably think I'm manic.


....My heart goes out to all of the parents who lost their babies in that daycare fire in Houston. If you know me, you know children are my heart. I can't imagine ever doing anything so blatant to put them in harm's way. But let's face it--we live in a world where anything goes.

Let's just continue to pray for all children and their parents. I still believe it takes a village.

....My co-worker has challenged me to buy one item not on sale/clearance in 2011.

Does gas count?

....You know what I miss? Staying up on the phone until five in the morning. Whether friendship or relationship, you learn a lot about someone pre-dawn (and fully clothed.....amen, saints). If anyone wants to try, I'm game.

Uhhhhh......but I need like two days' notice. I'm not as young as I used to be!

.....I was talking to my best friend today about life. We talked about how difficult the first two months of 2011 have been for a lot of people. And I said: "Well, sometimes you have to go through the mess before you can get to the miracle."

Tonight, if you feel like you are trudging through life, knee-deep in mess, just remember this is a journey with a purpose. There is an end in sight--the answer to your situation.

A miracle.

Be encouraged, saints.

--K.

2 comments:

  1. I was actually convicted while reading this. I prayed for years that God would send me a husband. After my husband got into trouble i kinda turned my back on him and blamed God for wasting my time by sending me the wrong one. I prayed for him in the begining but the longer he stayed in the more i turned away. I stopped praying for him and started turning away from him. Now i took some steps that maybe i shouldntt have, so now i must start praying for him weather we are to stay together or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really touched me. I could go on and on about this, and I might just turn it into another blog topic. Sometimes, we get so caught up in the "getting," we forget about maintenance prayer (self included). Keep every situation--good, bad, or in-between--lifted up to God! It's like exercise for your soul!

    Thank you for encouraging ME--and I will always keep both of you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete