Monday, March 14, 2011

IJBH: 3/14/11

Just being honest....

....I have to blog about this for posterity's sake, but there are not enough words in my vocabulary to explain the way I feel about 2011 Annual Youth Day. In just a few short moments, my whole life was changed. Everything was put into perspective and I have been completely humbled.

More than anything, it was proof that God's ways/thoughts are far higher than mine. I thought I knew what to expect, but I was completely unprepared for the outpouring of pure worship yesterday afternoon. Even today, I cannot stop crying as I think about what transpired.

I think we said it best in the last song we sang: "my storage is empty." Lord, whatever You want to do in my life, do it. I'm just along for the ride.

....In other news, I just realized I am absolutely ignant. Some of the things I say and the thoughts I have completely defy logic. I wonder if I can get a check for that. I ought to just go up to DHS and tell them I'd like a disability check...

DHS Worker: Okay, ma'am--what's your disability?
Me: I ain't got the sense God gave a chicken!


Hey, it's worth a try!

.....I don't know why people want to whistle first thing in the morning! Look: it's cold, it's rainy and I just lost an hour of sleep. Furthermore, you already know I'm not a morning person.

Translation? Whistle again and I will "zippidee" your "doodah!"

.....In the dating/relationship world, it's funny how your eyes can be opened to new things and new experiences.

May I keep it real for a few moments?

I have a type. Everybody and their mama knows my type. However, that "type" has caused a lot of sleepless nights and wounds on my heart. Hear me when I say that I am not placing the blame on them at all....for true insanity is when YOU keep doing the same thing while expecting different results.

I'm just saying I think it's time to step out of my comfort zone. Interpret that as you wish.


.....I'm just counting down the hours until I can go home, put on my Snuggie and watch some "Family Guy." This is one of those days where getting out of your nice, warm bed feels like punishment!


....I sure wish this weather would be consistent! *cheap moment* As bad as my allergies are, I just refuse to pay all that money for the new Allegra. You mean to tell me Walgreens or, even better, Family Dollar haven't figured out that formula yet? Get to work!

.....I'm also looking forward to jogging at Lake Hefner.

If you think you don't like to exercise, I dare you to try it for two weeks. Those endorphins are a beautiful thing--better than any anti-depressant, tranquilizer or pain medication. And the beauty of it? Your own body makes it! Why pay someone else to do what you can do for yourself?

.....Be encouraged. No matter who, what, when, where, why or how, be encouraged. There are so many great things on the horizon, even if you can't see them just yet. Hang in there. I'm praying for you and I know God will continue to do great things for those of us who diligently seek Him.

Romans 8:28,

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment