Friday, February 4, 2011

All It Takes

Today was rough for me. I was mad because:

--My washer is broken
--Laundry was piled to the ceiling
--I can't get a repairman out in these conditions
--The laundromat wasn't open this morning
--When I finally DID find one, the prices were rather exorbitant

If you know me, there's two things I despise: high prices and mess.

I stood and looked out the window of the laundromat; more snow was piling on Appalonia; two cars got stuck in snow drifts....and some guy standing behind me sneezed without covering his mouth.

I cried. Just a little and out of frustration.

Two things changed my mood.

1. If you're my friend on Facebook, you already know how I fell in the snow....while doing a James Brown split and yelling "HEYYYYYYYY!" As soon as I knew I was okay, I got up, sat in my car and laughed until my stomach ached.

2. I found out some GREAT news about one of my dear friends.

I cried again. A lot and out of joy.

Sometimes, dear hearts, that's all it takes.

A moment where you make a complete ass of yourself.

Good news.

A hug.

A smile.

A text message from someone who is thinking of you.

A passage of Scripture that tugs at your heartstrings.


None of these activities I've mentioned take more than thirty seconds; yet, they have the ability to change your whole day and maybe even your life.

Sometimes, you just need one thing to be encouraged. For some of you, it just might be this blog entry.


Sometimes, that's all it takes.


--K.

No comments:

Post a Comment