Thursday, December 23, 2010

20: Someone Who Pesters My Mind, Good Or Bad

Dear ______,

My goodness, you get on my last good nerve.

Three of five days last week, I sat in my office and cried over you. I asked God over and over again to teach me how to deal with you; how to be an encourager even when I felt like choking you.

I know it's not your fault. You are the victim of a society which feels everything is someone else's problem. You have been ignored and scorned--I get that.

Here's what I want you to understand: your yesterdays do not have to determine today. I still recall the first time I realized life is not fair--dear heart, it never will be. There will always be someone who seems to take great pleasure in causing you pain. However, they only have the power over your life you choose to give them. And the wisdom of the old saints is still accurate....

The BEST revenge is living well.

I see in you someone who has the potential to be great. Only God knows who you will be 10, 20, 30 years from now, but I already know you will be a success--if you choose to be. I hope and pray that is your choice.

Miss Kayla loves you. God loves you even more. Hold onto that, even when the storm clouds are hovering over your doorstep.

You will survive.

--K.


No comments:

Post a Comment