Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 7: A Letter To A Stranger

To Whom It May Concern,

Hi. Nice to meet you. I'm Kayla; some people call me K and others call me K. Marie. I'll answer to just about anything--except "Shawty." Lord, that grates my nerves.

In your five-second assessment of me, I know you will never be able to know all there is to Kayla Marie. I've been reading that book for twenty-eight years and there are still many concepts for me to grasp.

Still, I hope you see my heart.

I hope you know that everyday, to the best of my abilities, I seek to encourage others. Through a smile, a kind word, a joke or a hug, I feel obligated to show the love of God at work through me.


I hope you take the time to converse with me....I'm not shy.

I hope you see I am happy; or rather, joyful. Like anyone else, I have my share of problems. Unlike everyone else, I believe it's going to get better.

I hope my presence makes you feel at ease. You can tell me anything.

I hope you take the time to get to know me.

If not, oh well. Your loss.


Sincerely,

Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment