Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 5: A Letter To My Dreams

Dear Dreams,

It's been so long. Too long.

I have spent countless hours advising others to follow their dreams while mine remain imprisoned in the deepest folds of my heart.

Let's face it--I'm scared.

I'm scared of being a failure AND I'm scared of being a success. I think I've played out both options in my mind so much, I no longer need the script.

That ain't living.

Even though some of my dreams have been dashed (and others deferred), what I have come to appreciate about my ever-evolving personality is the "bounce back." I can take some blows; I can even handle rejection. What I cannot handle is a life spent wondering why I did not step out on faith when I had the chance.

So, dear dreams, I am here. I am plotting my course and setting sail on a journey sure to be adventurous...a little perilous....the trip of a lifetime.

Lord, give me strength.

Here Goes Everything,
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment