Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 9: A Letter To My Favorite Internet Friend

Dear Maame/My EAST COAST TWIN,

Who in the world would have guessed I'd find a lifelong sister amidst the foolishness of BHM?

Not me.....I was just trying to figure out how to get my hair to grow!

What I love about you--aside from your killer fashion sense--is your ability to encourage me. I know that sounds selfish, but hear me out.

You and I are so much alike. We give so much of ourselves that, sometimes, there is nothing left. In other words, the encouragers need to be encouraged.

When I am having one of those days, I know I can log onto BHM or FB and fire off a 20-page letter to my East Coast Twin. Nine times out of ten, you're feeling the same way. Ten times out of ten, I feel better. I hope you do too.

Now, I know I've said this for the past three years, but I'm really coming to see you in 2011. I just need two things:

1. A chicken cheesesteak
2. A picture of me running the steps like Rocky....and a promise of no YouTube clips if I fall!

Love you, girl. The best is yet to come.

--Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment